Zapote Tree Inn & Iwana Tours
This hotel is located one hour from Tikal in the village of San Miguel, a part of the county of Flores, Guatemala. From our hotel, Flores Guatemala can be seen from our pool and garden, and reached in a 3- minute boat ride that costs Q5. Removed from the busy Flores, Guatemala, our hotel in San Miguel offers you the lush green tropical rain forest, peace and quiet, and a wealth of historical and archaeological knowledge of the beautiful Mayan culture. This village is home to Tayasal, an ancient Mayan city that has yet to be fully explored or excavated, and provides several scenic walking routes and running trails.
This Flores Guatemala hotel derives its name from the love that we have for our zapote tree, among the many other exotic tropical fruits trees found in our garden. From our hotel, Flores Guatemala is easily accessible, as well as other popular attractions including:
1) El Mirador of King Canek, a high point with a 360 degree view of the lake, peninsula, nature, islands and surrounding towns.
2) Chechenal Beach, a beautiful, clean and crystal clear water beach that has a really nice temperature.
3) Acropolis - Morning Mirador, a different high point view from the one above. Not 360 degree view, but definitely the best spot to watch the sunrise on the lake mixed with our tropical
4) The Mayan stelae, are part of the still buried city here in San Miguel. It is not excavated, but you can still see the outlines of the buildings, and 2 stelae are still at the main plaza. For
more pieces, visit the museum.
5) The museum, has a large collection of Mayan artifacts, pottery, and many other objects for you to enjoy.
6) The horse of stone, can be found by the docks and represents the story of one of our famous legends involving the Maya Itza and conquistador Hernan Cortez.
7) The tree of love, can be found inside the running trails. A family of howler monkeys can sometimes be found around the area, as well as toucans, parrots and other tropica bird species.
8) The running trails are a loop in the nature where you will only see and hear wild life such as tropical birds and howler monkeys, as well as a variety of trees and plants away from high-tourist
zones, bars and general city noise.
If you wish to see our reviews, then you can check us out at TripAdvisor or Facebook:
Our facebook link is: www.facebook.com/ZapoteTreeInn
Our website is www.guatemalatika.com
To make reservations or for inquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you are already at Guatemala, you may call us at 4708-5250.
You may find a map of the area at our post:
If you desire more information about the peninsula of Tayasal, you can go to the facebook page of the Tourism Comite of San Miguel at www.facebook.com/SanMiguelPeten
We involve ourselves in community development and promote ecological friendly tourism.
Zapote Tree Inn & Iwana Tours
Callejon Las Pinturas
San Miguel, Peten
Call us at:
+502 4708-5250+502 4708-5250 (Renato Zink)
+502 3002-0661 (Yolanda Quintana)
+502 4272-1211+502 4272-1211 (Peter Zink)
+1 918-839-5836+1 918-839-5836 (Peter Zink USA)
Or email us at email@example.com
For more information of the area go to Tourism Comite of San Miguel